For Business | Legislation update
New FSA Rule Changes
COVID relief is now available. But benefits teams will need to act quickly.
Registering Your Plan Changes
To register your Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA) plan changes or make additional plan changes, please contact your designated HealthEquity representative to discuss the changes you wish to make and any implications those changes may have.
Watch our on-demand webinars
Get the full picture from our legislative affairs team. You’ll learn the ins and outs of the new rule changes and how maximize relief for your people.Employers webinar
Benefits Advisors webinar
Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 allows employers to increase carryover amounts and extend grace periods for dependent care and healthcare flexible spending accounts. In addition, organizations may allow election changes without regard to change in status rules (annual limits still apply).
- For a 2020–2021 calendar-year plan, the change must be adopted by 12/31/21.
- For a 2020–2021 non-calendar-year plan, the change must be adopted by 12/31/22.
Now you can help
your employees who:
- Didn’t enroll during annual enrollment because of pandemic uncertainty.
- Haven’t used remaining FSA and DCFSA funds.
- Risk spending down accounts frivolously to avoid forfeiting funds.
- Went without childcare.
- Deferred medical, dental or other care.
Notify your people
The faster you get communications to your organization, the sooner you can provide relief in challenging times.
Use our email template to communicate your plan changes.
First, tell us who you are: